Re: Should the RFC Editor publish an RFC in less than 2 months?

2007-12-03 08:31:17
On Dec 2, 2007 4:55 PM, Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:
Lixia Zhang wrote:
The remedy here may also include the cost to those people who
acted on a published RFC in its first 2 months.

Yes, or months earlier, for the case I have in mind more than
two years, millions of users, and a bunch of implementations.
Most happily ignoring the eventual "opt-out" remedy, I guess.

    Conversely, why not allow a Draft to be published as an RFC in
that six-week period if there are no arguments or appeals, whereas an
appeal could potentially (a) restart the six-week clock, or (b) extend
the period from 42 to the full sixty days?

    Though again, it would be changing the rule for less than a 50%
gain in minimum time to publication.  I just thought I'd toss the idea
out there.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.