Re: TCP

2007-12-16 16:16:55
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007, Fred Baker wrote:
On Dec 15, 2007, at 2:17 AM, Jeyasekar Antony wrote:

I heard that TCP is not suitable for high speed network because of its
is it true? is there any research work going on in this context?

you might look at tcpm.

Also http://www.aciri.org/floyd/hstcp.html

The discussions happen across our high speed (2.5 and 10 G in many
places) backbone, and use SMTP, which runs on TCP

Hardly the best example of an application that needs to get maximum
bandwidth out of a connection. Practically no SMTP connections will
get near to filling the BDP of that kind of network.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
FISHER: VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SLIGHT OR MODERATE. MAINLY FAIR. MODERATE OR GOOD.