Re: Deployment Cases

2007-12-26 21:29:24
I don't see the point you are trying to make here.

If we need some expertise and don't feel we have it in the ietf we go find
someone who does. We have the ability to tap into any of the top universities
economics departments and this stuff is surely understood somewhere in the
fortune 500 companies here.

We are in the business of communication, of collaboration. If we can't do
either shame on us.

What is worse, to think we are expert economists or that because we are not
economists the whole field must be irrelevant? I don't think we need to go too
deep here, just thinking in terms of deployment as the challenge is a start.

As for defining marketting as bending of facts. There are two processes that
can be thought of as marketting. Shifting product is really a form of sales. I
am talking about the processes you go through to determine whether your product
meets a genuine market need. Fudging such a study is self deception and only
leads to tears.

I always thought that the point of engineering was that you define yourself by
the ends you are seeking to achieve, not a particular skill set. If you need a
skill you seek to acquire it.

Sent from my GoodLink Wireless Handheld (www.good.com)