Re: Deployment Cases

2007-12-27 17:43:07

Christian Huitema wrote:
However we do need to have a basis for believing that the work we are doing will actually get used.

We went through that many times. The best way we have found so far is to
verify that the proposed working group has a sufficient constituency. This
has the advantage of not requiring economic or business judgments from the
IESG.

Right.

We don't have a problem with regularly producing specifications that do not
get used.

So there's no need to look for improvement in this arena.

d/

ps. There is a difference between "economic or business judgements" and simply trying to assess whether there is a serious desire by an Internet community to use the work. The difference is fundamental, so it's best not to confuse them.

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking