Re: Deployment Cases

2007-12-31 14:30:47
Thanks for the list; the cut-off point is probably somewhat subjective, but I see at least several protocols on the list that one can consider reasonably successful, as in having several well-known implementations, shipping as part of common desktop or server operating systems, references by other standards-bodies and/or large- scale operational deployments:

Enum
XMPP
SCTP
IPSec
MPLS
CalDav
RTP
IMAP4
PPP
LDAP
GEOPRIV (right now, mostly through the LLDP-MED effort, rather than directly)
Diameter (3G)
iSCSI
SIEVE

I'm probably missing some due to unfamiliarity. This doesn't seem like such a bad batting average.

MSRP isn't really finished yet, so that's probably a bit premature to judge.