RE: AAAA records to be added for root servers

2008-01-06 19:33:25
From: Brian E Carpenter
[mailto:brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]

As Phill H-B has implied more than once, there's scope for a
library on top of the socket API that takes care of this once
and for all. Does anyone have such a library?

I suspect the answer is that we either have zero or more than one such
libraries.

If we are going to achieve interoperabilty I think we are going to need the
IETF to take a lead in defining the abstract functionality of such socket APIs.