Re: AAAA records to be added for root servers

2008-01-07 09:30:21
On 6 jan 2008, at 22:00, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

The library
I'm thinking of would also have to handle reachability
checking - and as John said, would ideally also be stateful
to avoid repeating the same timeouts.

I don't think the thing that we need most in this area is a library. I did some testing, and it seems that a sample program copied and pasted from the getaddrinfo man page (which ONLY does DNS lookups and nothing else) experiences the influence of RFC 3484. What we do need is the knowledge about connectivity and QoS of addresses. We don't have that today and we have no easy way of getting it.