The Sgt at Arms Please? RE: TLS-authz "experimental" standard

2008-01-14 11:28:07
The FSF copntinues to attempt to re-open this decision.

I don't see any infomation content to these posts, beyond the already known
facts that 1) RMS has people read his Web site and 2) perpetrates a one-way
form of communication - we have to listen to him but he has no intention of
listening to us.

I suggest that we consider a mechanism for sending any message that is CC'd to
campaigns(_at_)fsf(_dot_)org straight to the bit bucket. The fact that it is
multiple individuals responding to an obsolete campaign page rather than one
noise maker does not make it any less disruptive.

________________________________

From: Richard Wilbur [mailto:richard(_dot_)wilbur(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Mon 22/10/2007 6:42 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: campaigns(_at_)fsf(_dot_)org
Subject: TLS-authz "experimental" standard

To those considering the TLS-authz proposal:

The patent shenanigans of RedPhone Security have reduced implementation
status from "open" to "taxed at the whim of RedPhone Security."  This
should be enough to disqualify the proposal from further consideration
unless, and until, RedPhone Security grants a royalty-free license for
all users.

The imprimatur of the IETF should remain reserved for open standards.

Thank you for considering my position.

Sincerely,

Richard Wilbur
Senior Software Developer