Re: Hallam-Baker's First Law of Internet Lawyering Was: The Sgt at Arms Please? RE: TLS-authz "experimental" standard

2008-01-16 20:03:14
Re: The Sgt at Arms Please? RE: TLS-authz "experimental" standardPhillip -

----- Original Message -----
  From: Hallam-Baker, Phillip
  To: TS Glassey ; dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net ; Theodore Tso
  Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:51 AM
  Subject: Hallam-Baker's First Law of Internet Lawyering Was: The Sgt at Arms
Please? RE: TLS-authz "experimental" standard

  Well I found it somewhat interesting that despite the fact that I was the
only person to co-author a submission to the IPR working group with an actual
lawyer I still received comments of the 'amateur lawyering kind' from folk who
were not lawyers and whose legalistic opinions had been flat contradicted by
those who are.

 it is funny since Michael Baum used to refer to you as his IP law resource :-)

  So without more ado:

  First Law of Internet Lawyering: Anyone who accuses another of being
insufficiently qualified to state a legal opinion will in the same thread state
a legal opinion that they are not qualified to make.

  Second Law of Internet Lawyering: Both opinions will be wrong

  Third Law of Internet Lawyering: It won't matter.