Re: Call for Comment: RFC 4693 experiment

2008-01-30 09:46:16
Brian E Carpenter <brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 2008-01-30 10:35, Cullen Jennings wrote:

The process for publishing them has many bottlenecks and delays...

I couldn't agree more...
perhaps people should focus on whether the class of documents
available at http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions.html
is useful, not on the mechanics of writing and posting them.

   I firmly believe these are useful, and that given more time we'll
fill in some of the gaps. (I most sincerely hope the IESG isn't even
considering discarding the IONs we already have.)

   I'd like to suggest that many of the RFC2026 diffs that Brian put
in his Internet Draft might be put in IONs, to the extent they merely
document current practice which already reflects IESG consensus.
(Running those through a WG process seems pointless...)

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>