Re: Call for Comment: RFC 4693 experiment

2008-01-17 15:28:25
Being the RFC author, I'm naturally very much interested.....

still, I'll observe that the procedure that seemed most important to me,
which was getting new versions out whenever they were needed, has been
exercised exactly once: in http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions/dated/,
the only document in 2 versions is Brian's "procdocs" document.

So the 3rd option in the evaluation process:

   3.  We cannot decide yet; the experiment should continue

might be an option to seriously consider.

(This of course has some disadvantages - for instance, we have
discovered that we can't write text into a BCP that says "the
information about X is to be published as an ION" before IONs are
permanent. But perfection seems to escape us every time....)

             Harald