I-D submission tool

2008-02-06 17:40:48
Just as a heads-up, this tool seems to have gotten at least
partially broken.   I have submitted trouble tickets to
ietf-action, but to save others from wasting time trying to get
around the problems (and in the hope that someone will have an
idea as to a workaround)...

In the last two hours, I've tried to submit two drafts.

For the first, it claimed it couldn't find Author address
metadata.  After some fussing around and experimenting, it turns
out that having the string " (editor)" after the Author's name
-- a format that xml2rfc produces in response to a
'role="editor"' parameter and that has been in use in RFCs for
more years than I can remember-- it gets too confused to believe
that there is author information present. [rt.amsl.com #1796] if
anyone is interested.

For the second, it claims that the file isn't "plain text" and
won't post it or even provide a manual submission path.  The
file is output or xml2rfc, has proper CRLF line endings, and, if
it contains any non-ASCII characters or serious format
misbehavior, the online version of idnits can't find it, even in
very verbose mode.
[rt.amsl.com #1799]

I can only hope these sorts of little problems can be fixed
before the posting deadlines for the next IETF get any closer.
And, if not, that there is adequate staff to do a lot of manual
posting.

     john