Re: I-D submission tool

2008-02-07 16:42:58

On Feb 7, 2008, at 1:39 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

However, we have to keep a sense of proportion. Having been one of
the pre-transition testers (although not of this particular tool),
I've seen enough to know that the AMS folk have been investing
tremendous effort to find and quickly fix problems. They deserve
thanks and understanding, which is not to say that bugs shouldn't
be fixed ASAP.

violent agreement. They're working double shifts, and experiencing
problems of a nature that helps justify the decision to transition.

Folks, let me discard the kimono for a moment and ask for
forbearance. The comments in this thread so far have been to the
mark, but the IETF list and the mumble-attendees lists are well known
for people saying some pretty unnecessary things. In this case, the
NSS secretariat managed to not communicate to the AMS secretariat
basic things like "we run rsync", and configuration files that the
NSS secretariat used that lived in someone's home directory without
CVS-or-whatever control and were deleted as private because of what
directory they were in. The fact that the transition has gone as
smoothly as it has - and it has in fact gone very well for the most
part - reflects a very high level of professionalism at AMS and a
huge amount of hard work on the part of a small and very dedicated
team, and a high level of cooperation between the AMS engineers and
the tools team.

If you have issues that need to be addressed, please send email to
ietf-action(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) The trouble ticket system is working.