Re: missing drafts

2008-02-07 16:25:18
Hi Edward,

On 2008-02-07 14:29 Edward Lewis said the following:
At 11:20 +0100 2/7/08, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

I appreciate what you are doing.  I just have a question that maybe
isn't to be answered by you (as messenger):

This mail is directed to the authors of the 5 drafts which unhappily
were lost during the submission process, before being placed in the
internet-drafts archive.

I submitted two drafts that might have fallen into this crevice.  Or
they might just be taking a long time to process.  What's the
appropriate time out before retransmitting?

1 day, I'd say, for manual (email) submission.  1 second for automated
submission (through the web submission tool).

(I.e., am I one of the 5?  Is it known there are only 5?)

It is not known that there are only 5.  I did sample the id-announcement
list around the known 5, without finding additional examples of announced
drafts which are not in the archives, but that's not really conclusive.

If your drafts have still not appeared in the drafts archive, I'd suggest
sending a note to ietf-action, giving the names of your drafts, and
requesting information about their posting (or not) to the archives.
Cc: me if you like.

Regards,

        Henrik