Re: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

2008-02-06 22:20:22
The descriptions of the venue make clear that, once again, the IETF
is meeting in a ghetto.  Periodic bus service doesn't counteract
that.

If you look at the Google map and satellite photos of the venue, there
appears to be quite a lot of residential and commercial development
just east of it.  Perhaps someone who lives in Dublin could let us
know if there are useful facilities there.

Poking around in Google, I see the Citywest Comfort Inn is 3.7km east
with rooms from E79 and the Tower Hotel Dublin is 5.7km east with
rooms from E99, not walkable but reasonable for shared taxis. There
also seem to be several hotels in Tallaght, about 10km away.

I agree that it is not practical to commute very far by road around
Dublin, since the roads tend to be narrow and congested.

R's,
John