RE: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

2008-02-06 20:43:51
My comment said "or" as in one or the other, if you had re read the comment
properly before going snarky. I don't dispute Dublin airport is a useful
transportation hub. I want to know why this particular venue was selected
and what was the criterion used to make the evaluation. That is a simple
question given the legitimate questions many of us are asking.

IMHO it was a bad selection and I think many of us want to make sure it does
NOT happen again.

That said I love Ireland .. delighted to go there ..but.

 -----Original Message-----
 From: David Kessens [mailto:david(_dot_)kessens(_at_)nsn(_dot_)com]
 Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 5:21 PM
 To: Richard Shockey
 Cc: 'IAB'; 'IETF Discussion'; 'IAOC'
 Subject: Re: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

 Richard,

 On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 04:48:15PM -0500, Richard Shockey wrote:

 > Sites that are substantially distant from city centers or major
 > transportation hubs IMHO don't work for the IETF community
 irrespective of
 > whether they are in North America, Asia or ECMA.

 While I don't particularly like this location, I don't see how you can
 imply that it is hard to get to Dublin airport and from there to the
 meeting site. Aer Lingus has reasonably priced (for summer time)
 direct flights from most large US cities. Most european cities are
 served by Aer Lingus and by Ryan Air which is quite possible the
 cheapest airline on earth.

 David Kessens
 ---