RE: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

2008-02-06 14:57:01

 It's Ray's job to make the call.  It's the IAOC's job to see that he
 does his job well.  I think Ray has at least earned the benefit of the
 doubt.

I don't think so ..given the perfectly rational questions that are being
asked about this particular sub-optimal site, the community has a perfect
right to ask pointed questions about why it was selected and what if any
were the alternatives.

The deal is done, I agree with that, but there are aspects of this
particular selection that are different from any other I've seen in the IETF
in the 10 years or so I've been attending.

Sites that are substantially distant from city centers or major
transportation hubs IMHO don't work for the IETF community irrespective of
whether they are in North America, Asia or ECMA.

 Perhaps this is best viewed retrospectively since contracts
 are  signed?

 Eliot