Re: IPv6 NAT?

2008-02-19 13:45:50
Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
NATs will be needed during the (long) transition period, including
some NATs dealing with both IPv6 and IPv4.

I don't see how the transition from IPv4 to IPv6 requires NAT in IPv6.

I am not advocating "v6 to v6 NATs", as confirmed by some of my earlier messages that argue against.

But, if an IPv6-only client has to be able to reach an IPv4-only server, I keep saying that some NATs will have to deal BOTH with IPv6 (client side) and IPv4 (server side).
As a matter of fact, your recent I-D on MNAT-PT does propose ways of doing it.

With this clarification, I believe we are in agreement.

RD