RE: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-internet-waist-hourglass-00.txt]

2008-02-13 06:44:29
Hi,

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

Hi Spencer,

Hi, Hannes,

I can't answer for Jonathan, but I wondered the same thing, and
decided that the answer was probably one of

- "well, if we all know this, what are we doing differently now that
we know it?", or

- "the GOOD news is that the wasp waist-hourglass is no longer HTTP"
[RFC3205], or

Well. In fact that I wanted to make a similar comment saying
that some people would argue that HTTP is the waist if your
communication needs to work in an enterprise setting as well.

True. *If* you want your application to work "everywhere", it better run
on top of HTTP/TLS at least as a fallback. And for many types of
applications the users clearly prefer that it works "everywhere", so the
decision for instance for an IM client developer is not that hard.

Markus