Re: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-internet-waist-hourglass-00.txt]

2008-02-14 07:22:12

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
While I disagree with Jonathan's assertion that we should insert an
entirely useless (for all but NAT) UDP header in front of all new
protocols we design,

Well, I'd hardly characterize, "allowing it to work across the public
Internet" as a property that is useless. Statements like, "useless for
all but NAT" trivialize what the Internet has evolved into. There is NAT
everywhere. Lets accept it and design for what the Internet is, and not
for the Internet as we wish it would be.

You may not like it, but its reality.

-Jonathan R.

--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   499 Thornall St.
Cisco Fellow                                   Edison, NJ 08837