Re: ISSN for RFC Series under Consideration

2008-05-21 11:22:09
On 5/21/08 at 1:52 PM -0400, Ray Pelletier wrote:

The Trust believes there are advantages to indentifying the RFC
Series with an ISSN.

OK, maybe I'm getting suspicious in my (still slowly) advancing years:

Nowhere in the message did I see words like, "The Trust has consulted
with lawyers/doctors/priests/old-crusty-IETFers and have found no
disadvantages to identifying the RFC Series with an ISSN." Did the
Trust actually find no potential problems (in which case it would be
nice to hear that), have they not looked into it yet, or did they
find problems and you're not saying because you don't want to have a
big public discussion (in which case you're being dopey, because it's
gonna happen anyway)?

(For the record, had you said that the Trust did in fact consult the
tea leaves and everything looked on the up-and-up and they were
simply confirming this with the community, I would have immediately
said, "Fine with me." I'm happy to have people to whom such things
can be delegated, but I do want to hear the words "We've done our due
diligence.")

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>