Re: [IAOC] ISSN for RFC Series under Consideration

2008-05-21 11:35:58

Pete Resnick wrote:

On 5/21/08 at 1:52 PM -0400, Ray Pelletier wrote:

The Trust believes there are advantages to indentifying the RFC Series with an ISSN.

OK, maybe I'm getting suspicious in my (still slowly) advancing years:
Nowhere in the message did I see words like, "The Trust has consulted with lawyers/doctors/priests/old-crusty-IETFers and have found no disadvantages to identifying the RFC Series with an ISSN."

The Trust did consult with lawyers, old-crusty-IETFers, RFC Editor, and found no disadvantages to indentifying the RFC Series with an ISSN.
Did the Trust actually find no potential problems (in which case it would be nice to hear that), have they not looked into it yet, or did they find problems and you're not saying because you don't want to have a big public discussion (in which case you're being dopey, because it's gonna happen anyway)?
That we know!

(For the record, had you said that the Trust did in fact consult the tea leaves and everything looked on the up-and-up and they were simply confirming this with the community, I would have immediately said, "Fine with me." I'm happy to have people to whom such things can be delegated, but I do want to hear the words "We've done our due diligence.")
We've done our due diligence, but we respect the community and the process, and seek its guidance.

Ray

pr