Re: problem dealing w/ ietf.org mail servers

2008-07-08 11:42:11
1) I do understand where the current "last 64 bits are EUId" comes from.

2) Someone (I think it was Keith Moore) said that if the scheme doesn't work for servers AND hosts (i.e no difference) it's a bad scheme. I sort of agree with that, but the reason it doesn't work for servers is simply lack of management tools, and the fact that a lot of protocols / implementations tend to use addresses rather than names.

I disagree that it doesn't work for servers. (Or it would be better to say that I'd like to know why you think it doesn't work for servers.)

Keith