Progressing I-Ds Immediately Before Meetings

2008-07-18 08:43:47
Hi,

The cut-off period before IETF meetings has (IMHO) some value to help people read an digest stable documents that will be discussed face-to-face.

However, some I-Ds are beyond WG last call and are going through other review cycles. Why should updates to these be barred?

For example, I have an I-D that has just completed IESG review. The updates are relatively simple and I would like to submit them and get the IESG to clear their Discusses. Apparently I cannot do this until July 27th. can anyone see a reason why this should be the case?

Cheers,
Adrian