Removal of IETF patent disclosures?

2008-08-13 03:53:50
Harald Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> writes:

You can't change your earlier public statement; that would be
tampering with the historical record.

The IETF appears to permit patent disclosures to be removed at the
request of submitters.  Search for 'remove' on the list if disclosures.
Is this intentional?  Is there anything in our procedures that explains
why this is a useful thing?  Does our procedures even permit removals?

It can be useful to review earlier patent disclosures from a company,
since they often contains text that is revised in later versions.
Seeing how text evolves often gives some understanding of the reasons
for the change.

/Simon