Re: Removal of IETF patent disclosures?

2008-08-13 23:37:18
Simon Josefsson skrev:
Brian E Carpenter <brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

I wasn't even aware, during my tenure as chair, that the 'remove' button
existed. The only removals I recall, which may or may not be in the
numbers Simon quoted, were completely bogus and nonsensical disclosures
clearly filed by someone who was just fiddling around on the Web.

Some of the disclosures that are now removed were certainly not bogus.
For example, the patent license given in #833 was important input to a
lengthy discussion relatively recently.
definitely agree on that one "for the record".

OTOH, to give a counterexample, I don't think there's any value to the community to having both #941 and #942 on file - they're duplicates.

               Harald