Re: new text for ID_Checklist sect 3, item 6

2008-08-15 09:41:58

Fred Baker wrote:
I seem to be in the minority, but I object.
In the latter case - the case under dispute - I disagree with the sense of this rule. I think the important thing is clarity, and clarity is enhanced by not changing text whose sense isn't actually being changed.

+1

d/

ps. I guess this all settles the question about whether the Checklist mandates its own set of formal requirements on RFC content. This entire discussion is about something that is not mandated anywhere else. No other BCP, RFC, or RFC Editor document.

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking