Re: Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents

2008-09-15 10:32:21
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:44:15 -0700
"TS Glassey" <tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net> wrote:

Why cant a code object or any embedded licensable IP object be
included under a 'instantaneous' copyright which is noted at the
close of the <CODE> block. Why cant we build a code model where the
code itself includes a separate (c) if its warranted? - this totally
allows the inclusion of copyrighted IP into IETF processes without
messing up too much...

That's a fair question.  The intent is to restrict the allowable forms
of copyright -- we don't want certain classes of restrictions in RFCs,
because they limit the utility of the code.