Re: Call for review of proposed IESG Statement on Examples

2008-09-19 05:31:17
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:34:46AM +0200,
 Magnus Westerlund <magnus(_dot_)westerlund(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 122 lines which said:

I note with even more interest that reservation of "codepoints"
for example or other documentation purposes would violate existing
IESG statements and rules about conservation of scarce resources
(where scarcity is an issue) or would require negotiation with
other bodies.

Which IESG statements are you referring to?

The rules I'm personally concerned about when reading the proposed
IESG statement are:

RFC 5236, section 3.3 (which mentions "scarcity")

RFC 5237 for an example in a densely populated field