Re: [p2pi] WG Review: Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (alto)

2008-10-10 15:21:57
Lakshminath and Vidya,

Vijay, Enrico and Stefano have said what I was going to say (e.g. below) --
as sponsoring AD for this charter I've been following the WG discussion,
working with the rest of the IESG, and talking to people to confirm that
there's better consensus on the list, even if there was confusion at the
BOF.  This IETF Last Call is also part of confirming whether there's now
consensus.

It's difficult to write a charter without actually designing the solution.
What would help with the charter, even now, is for people to write up
proposals for the solution -- ideally in the form of Internet-Drafts.  I
haven't yet selected chairs for the WG, so as you can imagine editors and
authors aren't yet selected.  It would be most excellent to see some
individual proposals before a committee gets their hands on them :)

Lisa

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Vijay K. Gurbani