Re: [BEHAVE] Can we have on NAT66 discussion?

2008-11-14 03:58:23
On 13 nov 2008, at 23:50, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

The most successful Internet protocols do not involve connections to hosts today. SMTP is a connection to a service and has been for two decades.

In SMTP the IP address does not remain constant end to end and never did.

SMTP is also the least secure protocol that is in wide use; hop-by-hop forwarding without authentication of the message itself is a security nightmare. We have the same issue with flooding of random IP packets.