Re: FTP to HISTORIC? RE: [BEHAVE] Can we have on NAT66 discussion?

2008-11-14 12:51:27
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
The Internet has two protocols that account for >95% of user
interactions, email and Web. Pointing out that one of those protocols
involves an IP address change en-route might be a single data point but
it is a significant one.

it's a fallacy that you can measure the value of a protocol by looking
at the percentage of transactions, bandwidth, etc. it uses.

In fact the only application protocol I am aware of that is built on the
assumption that the IP address remains constant end to end would be FTP
which is an antique design.

that's because you don't know much about protocols.

Keith