Re: [BEHAVE] Can we have on NAT66 discussion?

2008-11-13 18:06:43
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
It is called the principle of encapsulation.

The most successful Internet protocols do not involve connections to
hosts today. SMTP is a connection to a service and has been for two
decades. HTTP is not quite so agile but would be had we had SRV at the
time.

In SMTP the IP address does not remain constant end to end and never did.

You're extrapolating a long way from a small sample size.

Simply asserting that "there will still be some need to talk to a host
or an interface" without giving instances is hardly a compelling
argument. More proof by unsupported assertion seems to me.

It's what you have to do to diagnose problems in deeply layered systems.
 You have to be able to strip away the layers that aren't working until
you find one that does.

Keith