Re: [73attendees] Is USA qualifiedfor2.3ofdraft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria?

2008-11-19 12:56:02

On Nov 18, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Livingood, Jason wrote:

Is the visa issue for visitors from all countries coming to the U.S., or is this specific to Chinese citizens coming to the U.S.

My understanding, which others should corroborate, is that it relates to specific countries. China is the one I hear about, and I know Russia to be on the list. I wouldn't be too surprised to find middle- eastern countries to have some issues; a few months ago the customs people asked me about a 2005 visa to Afghanistan in my passport, and my son was asked some questions following a month-long study tour in Cairo, and we are US citizens.