Re: [73attendees] Is USA qualified for2.3ofdraft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria?

2008-11-18 15:34:35
Hi everybody,

In the IAOC, we have followed the visa situation for different nations
closely. It is obviously in the benefit for the IETF to have all the
participants that want and need to come to the IETF could also come.

Historically, the IETF community has indicated the preference of having a
big part of the meetings in the North American region. This makes us often
come to the USA. Traditionally a major part of the participation is from the
North American region.

Of course, we should periodically check this policy, and also follow the
visa situation very carefully.

I think it would be good for people that were trying to come to the IETF and
couldn't to tell the IAD or me what happened. Accurate data is very
important.

Cheers,

Jonne.