RE: [73attendees] Is USA qualified for2.3ofdraft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria?

2008-11-19 12:45:29
Based on my knowledge, for Chinese citizens there is no any problem to get
the visa to other countries except US.

  _____

From: 73attendees-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:73attendees-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of David Quigley
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:56 PM
To: Nicholas Weaver
Cc: 73attendees(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [73attendees] Is USA qualified
for2.3ofdraft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria?

Disclaimer: What I say here are my words and don't represent the views of my
employer.

From what I see here the issues are mostly experienced by Chinese citizens.
Most of the other countries have reciprocal visa agreements with the US.
China however doesn't have that agreement with Ireland, Sweden, Japan, or
the US. Were there similar problems with gaining entrance into Ireland? Will
there be similar issues with gaining entrance into Sweden or Japan?

Dave

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Nicholas Weaver
<nweaver(_at_)icsi(_dot_)berkeley(_dot_)edu>