Re: Friday experiment

2008-11-29 07:16:15
John C Klensin wrote:
I would much rather see the IESG working with WGs to make sure
they do what they are supposed to be doing, which involves most
of their work by email, rather than figuring out how to get more
face time in --whether by big, multi-WG-interim meetings or
longer full IETF meetings.  The place where the latter path
leads is well-known, more participants proportionately for whom
"IETF participant" the the major element of their job
descriptions and less by those who actually design, build, and
operate things.  We have gotten ourselves into a situation in
which, for many ADs, the IESG is their major job commitment for
as long as they serve.  Let's not let that progress to include
the rest of us.

Big +1

I think it would be good to finally enforce the rules for agenda submissions. For instance, if no agenda for a meeting is published in time, the meeting shouldn't take place.

BR, Julian