Re: IPR Questions Raised by Sam Hartman at the IETF 73 Plenary

2008-12-18 14:16:36
John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> writes:

As an exercise that I don't have time to conduct, it would be
interesting to see how much of the text of the original IP
specification is still present in the IPv6 one... and that was
only 20 years and may, in retrospect, have involved too few
substantive changes.

I wouldn't spend a lot of time on such an exercise. I'd be very
surprised if there is ANY common text. All the documents I am aware of
were written from scratch.

Thomas