Re: RFC 5378 "contributions"

2009-01-15 09:39:11
More to the point, the question at hand was to what happens to mailing
list discussions (or face to face discussions) which took place
*before* RFC 5378 was published.  John's observation was that it
doesn't matter when the I-D or RFC is published, even if it is
published *after* RFC 5378, if it contains text that was derived
*before* RFC 5378, regardless of whether it came from an RFC, I-D,
mailing list discussion, or face-to-face discussion, the RFC 5378
rights that a Contributor might provide wouldn't exist.

                                        - Ted