Re: IETF and open source license compatibility

2009-02-12 16:04:16
Wes Hardaker <wjhns1(_at_)hardakers(_dot_)net> writes:

So, I couldn't find a statement that says automatic sublicenses will be
given out for code related items.  It only says that the policies for
creating those sublicenses ***will*** be guided by 5377 (which says
about the right thing: you can modify code extracts).  IE, is it
actually possible to use code from RFCs beyond 5378?  I think each
company/organization/author would need to personally ask the IETF trust
for a sublicense?

The IETF Trust sub-license third parties rights to code components in
(new) IETF documents under the BSD license, see section 4 of:

http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy.pdf

/Simon