RE: Proposal to create IETF IPR Advisory Board

2009-02-17 20:41:31
Steven Bellovin wrote:
All that said, the above is my strawman that I've just torched.  This
is why we need a draft -- until we have one, we won't know if it's a
plausible, useful idea or not.  In fact, a metadraft -- one that simply
set out the questions that a concrete proposal should address -- would
be a worthwhile contribution in its own regard.

In honor of open source, I'm glad to submit someone else's work as my first
draft: http://www.w3.org/2004/pp/psig/.

This is an effective working model. I'm sure it would have to be revised to
fit IETF's more democratic operations.

For a detailed description, see
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/. In particular see
section 7. [This is a document I helped a little bit to write, several years
ago.]

Kudos to our friends in W3C for doing this well.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
707-485-1242 * cell: 707-478-8932 * fax: 707-485-1243
Skype: LawrenceRosen