Re: Proposal to create IETF IPR Advisory Board

2009-02-18 16:13:46
At 2:44 PM -0500 2/18/09, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
Rather than a standing board (which was what I thought you had
intended), you're suggesting (translated IETF terms) that when a WG
encounters a patent thought to be related, a group will be formed
consisting of the AD, the WG chair(s) ex officio, representatives of
the WG (presumably designated by the chair(s)), perhaps an IAB liason
-- and the IETF patent counsel.

I think you are putting words in Larry's mouth. In has past few messages, he
has indeed talked about what sounded like a standing board, one that sounded
like it would deal with issues from all WGs.

Larry, since you refuse to write a draft (and like to insult people who say
that one is needed), can you at least say whether Steve or I are closer to your
proposal?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium