Re: Reverse IPv6 DNS checks on ietf MXs?

2009-03-05 09:10:20
On Thu Mar  5 13:00:55 2009, Tim Chown wrote:
Just an observation, I don't know whether its been changed or applied
recently, but we had some mails to various IETF lists soft rejected
overnight due to failure of the receiving MX to perform a successful
reverse DNS lookup on the IPv6 sender address.

That's been the case for ages, and is why I now firewall outgoing IPv6 connections to the IETF's mailserver. (I could go off and pay for IPv6 reverse DNS hosting, but I'm not *that* keen on IPv6).

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net