Re: Reverse IPv6 DNS checks on ietf MXs?

2009-03-05 09:30:36
On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 01:00:55PM +0000, Tim Chown wrote:
Hi,

Just an observation, I don't know whether its been changed or applied
recently, but we had some mails to various IETF lists soft rejected
overnight due to failure of the receiving MX to perform a successful
reverse DNS lookup on the IPv6 sender address.

Note that there has been work in DNSOP suggesting that rejecting on
the failure of reverse DNS lookup is not always a good idea.  So if
IETF lists are in fact doing that, perhaps the operators of the
servers want to ask for the advice of the DNSOP participants.  (Be
prepared for a lot of mail.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com
Shinkuro, Inc.