Re: Consensus Call for draft-housley-tls-authz

2009-03-06 16:33:47
At Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:26:09 -0500,
Tim Polk wrote:

Folks,

After some time reflecting on the hundreds of messages submitted to
the IETF discussion list, I have come to several conclusions about
progressing draft-housley-tls-authz.  I will summarize the conclusions
up front, then provide the rationale for those decisions in the
remainder of this message.

1.     Last Call demonstrates that the community does not support
progression of this document on the standards track, but sufficient
support exists for publication as an Experimental RFC.

2.     The community would like the TLS working group to develop a
standards track mechanism for TLS authorization,

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't think this is
actually clear, as it's not the question the LC asked.

-Ekr