Re: Consensus Call for draft-housley-tls-authz

2009-03-06 17:09:03

That's not what "IETF Consensus" means in the context of
RFC 2434:

     IETF Consensus - New values are assigned through the IETF
consensus process. Specifically, new assignments are made via
          RFCs approved by the IESG. Typically, the IESG will seek
          input on prospective assignments from appropriate persons
          (e.g., a relevant Working Group if one exists).

Okay, so we're being overly anal here. Like we can control the world of protocol extensions.

-- Kurt