Re: Running Code

2009-03-07 16:14:05

On Mar 3, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:

  Giving to early implementers a guaranty that
their contributions will not be forgotten is a way to counterbalance
the time and effort spent in working on this contributions.

Marc, I feel that it is well worth thanking anyone in the acknowledgements that does a full or significant early implementation and sends comments to the list about it. Even if that comment is "we found no problems with the spec". It is a huge amount of work to "test" a spec by implementing it and a valuable contribution to the development.

If you, or others, see any RAI Area WG drafts that should really acknowledge an implementation, please bring it to my attention. I suspect that many people at IETF would feel it is worth saying thanks for this kind of work, I'd encourage implementors to bring it up with WG draft editors and Chairs if they think someone should be added to the Acknowledgements section.

Thanks, Cullen <RAI AD>

PS - Thank you for your TURN implementations - as you know, they have helped find many problems with that spec. I'm off to read the TURN Acknowledgements :-)