Re: Consensus Call for draft-housley-tls-authz

2009-03-10 09:41:05
Please note that I didn¹t make a proposal.  I can live quite well with a
misalignment of IETF terminology and reality as perceived outside the IETF.
So can the industry, I think.  What I was commenting on is that it does not
make sense to me to re-iterate the mantra of ³Experimental RFCs not being
standards², when there is ample evidence that a large percentage of the
outside world views this differently.
It seems to take only the intervention one of the (security / congestion
control / anti-patent / ...) communities of the IETF to move a document
intended for standard¹s track to the, arguably, second-class RFC status
known as ³Experimental².  Again, that¹s not a problem for me, for the reason
stated above.
Stephan

On 3/9/09 9:38 PM, "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>