Re: jim bound

2009-03-16 20:48:50
Jim was a brilliant mind.  His legacy and influence in the IPng world and
beyond...will never be forgotten.  Rest in peace.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Templin, Fred L
<Fred(_dot_)L(_dot_)Templin(_at_)boeing(_dot_)com>wrote:

I'll add my voice as another former DEC colleague who
was saddened by this news.

Jim never shied away from a challenging or contentious
job. For example, the work on enterprise networks in
RFCs 4852, 4057 could only have been done by someone
with Jim's fortitude.

I believe we are all better off for having known Jim,
and I will miss him.

Fred
fred(_dot_)l(_dot_)templin(_at_)boeing(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Vixie [mailto:vixie(_at_)isc(_dot_)org]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 11:25 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: jim bound

i shared the news with some coworkers from DEC (where jim and i both
worked
back in the early 1990's).  one of them said:

Wow, sorry to hear it.  Jim treated networking like he was still in
'Nam
and beauracracy was Charlie.  He always took the hill.

another added:

I would only add that "he never left any behind."

jim will be missed, both sorely and otherwise, by me and by many
others.

AJ Jaghori
Chief Architect, Author, & Professor | Data Network & Security
ciscoworkz(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
"Sent via my Android Powered Mobile..."