Re: [dhcwg] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-dhc-container-00

2009-04-14 06:33:17
Ted - I think it's just as likely for the RG to get different information from different interfaces (or different "administrative domains") as it is for a host to get get different information directly. Traffic from the host, which is then forwarded by the RG to one of more than one possible interfaces or routers, might be affected by the configuration information from the "administrative domain" through which the traffic is forwarded.

Now, I admit I'm describing a hypothetical and abstract scenario. I don't have a specific example of a situation in which a host might make decisions - either in the stack or in an application or ??? - about outbound traffic based on knowledge of how that traffic would be forwarded by the RG.

- Ralph